Subject: Re: Flyer Audio format
From: Bonfire <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 16:20:03 -0500

At 05:23 PM 1/7/96 -0500, you wrote:

>>> We want to record some dialog at a local sound studio for a commercial,
>and
>>> I'd like to take it back as a digital file rather than tape. 
>>
>>Thats a good idea, but impractical.  For really good quality, record 
>>your audio to video tape.  From what I understand this is nearly CD 
>>quality (at least alot better than audio cassette)and its easy to spool 

>      What are you smoking? As a musician for over 18 years, I can't tell you
>how bad video sounds compared to DAT. If anything, drop your audio to a DAT
>and bring it back, and drop it to the flyer. The other thing is that the mics

I think what he's talking about is to record the music on a HI-FI VHS
system.  I knew of a several profesional DJ's who did this for broadcast
radio stations and at various clubs.  It's not nearly CD quality, but it's
close.  As a starving musician before, its the closest thing to record as
DAT without having a DAT to record on.

___________________________________________________
                                            Bonfire